3G SANTA CRUZ BUILD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I ended up with a 3G Santa Cruz frame and fork that I decided to build up. I also had a set of 3G 2 speed kickback wheels that Gary had sent me to review and shoot photos of. I ordered some BOA-Gs and had most of the other parts on the shelf. Still not 100% sure about the bars. I've got a black set of Sunlite Apes coming on Monday that I plan to try out. Also wish there was a way to get the grips to match the tires.

The only mechanical issue so far has been gearing. The rear cog is a 22T and the front chainring is a 44T. This combo is still too easy to pedal in both gears so I ordered a 16T rear cog off of Ebay to see how that does.

image3.jpg

I love those bars! Ive used two bars like that on my builds. Im not a huge fan of the seat but nice work! Grips/ tires and Rims/ pedals were a nice touch.

Looks good so far Steve, I was thinking of tea staining my white coke bottles from Ian to make them match an old 'white' seat I have.
I've used an old crock pot and dried oak leaves to make a tannin-rich 'tea', it's not fall in Texas yet, but it's a thought....

What's the worse that can happen? You're out $15 and Ian gets an order for another pair... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's one bad bike there. I couldn't own that though. It would kill me to ride it and get those tires dirty. lol. Really like the pedals and the bars. Also looks like it would make a good wheelie bike with those bars . If your into that. Nice.

Back