4/17/2011 2nd Annual Midwest Bicycle Swapmeet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much on the trike?

Thanks Randy for the cool poster! Top notch work.

And thanks Cameron, appreciate the help.

I plan on having a batch printed off here soon, and will be handing out piles of them to all the Wichita area bike shops.

I printed a few of the flyers off and will have them at the El Torreon swapmeet in KC this weekend. But I hope a few of you guys will be able to make it up here and hand them out in person. If not I will see you in Hayesville next month.

10~18 Kustoms said:
I printed a few of the flyers off and will have them at the El Torreon swapmeet in KC this weekend. But I hope a few of you guys will be able to make it up here and hand them out in person. If not I will see you in Hayesville next month.
Marty that would be great if you hand some out. Thanks.
We always enjoy our little weekend trips to KC and I had hoped to make it up there but a situation has come up here that takes priority. Hope you have a good swap. We'll shoot for the summer one.
Ratfink1962 said:
Thanks Randy for the cool poster! Top notch work.
Thanks Mitch. Glad I come up with something after all.

Here's a sneak peek for what I hope to bring...

Ultra clean Takara Mixte, looks like it was barely ridden
027.jpg

028.jpg

And a 50's Monark Rocket 26" ladies bike... this one will be parted, no springer but it has some truss rods, Also has a horn tank, decent New Departure wheelset, dogleg crank, etc. etc... good stuff.

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

I might have a few buckets of parts too.

Marty... thanks for handing out the flyers, I really appreciate the help.

I did get a bunch of flyer's printed off, but I just haven't had the time to get them delivered to all the local bike shops. I hate to bring up excuses, but my Dad isnt doing too good, he just came home from the Hospital thru Hospice. We are holding out hope that he will make it to see his grandson get married on April 30th. But in case something happens, I am working on a backup plan so the swap meet will happen whether I am there or not.

Getting closer...
I did get the flyers out to the local bike shops, still working on getting more flyers handed out at the business's in Haysville. Hope to get that done this weekend.

Dad is doing about the same, not great but at least he is maintaining.

Crossing fingers that we dont get rained out.... but in case it does, the rain date is Sunday May 1st.

Glad to hear your dad is hanging in there.

Man, I can't believe you're parting out that Monark, it's sweet. If it was a 24" I'd have a buyer for ya.

OK, so if I show up @ 7, pay the $5, I get a vendor space? No advance sign up needed?

LowpowerD said:
OK, so if I show up @ 7, pay the $5, I get a vendor space? No advance sign up needed?

RF1962, correct me if it has changed since last year, the $5 spots were semi-covered with power. But it was free to grab a spot in the grass to "pedal" your wears.

I do not have much if anything to sell.... Be givn a few things away as they were free to me... and I will be bringing this bike out for all to see... this will be the bike I will be giving away at Art of the Bicycle during the Final Friday show on July 29th.... For $1 a ticket you can get yer name in to walk away with this at 10:00 PM... Right before we do the"Worlds Largest Bike Ride"... All money will be used to help put the show on and pay for use of Go Away Garage Gallery.....

168787_140094189381945_100001440945805_253797_7766766_n.jpg

Cameron and others... to clarify: this year ALL spots are $5 first come first served. With that being said... I know of several that will want a pavilion spot, and thats fine, I was thinking of keeping the pavilion spots for Coasters/RRB members anyways.

I didnt want to get into advance signups, I have a hard enough time keeping things straight as it is. I will say that like last year... we have PLENTY of space, it was busy but we had room for more. so NOBODY will be turned away. (now if 1500 people show up looking for a space... we may have a problem :lol: )

I want to keep the swap low cost for everyone involved, I just need to cover my costs, any profits will help pay for the food at the Bike Fest in the fall.

Also... If a person shows up with just a few bikes to sell, they are more than welcome to put them in the Bike corral for free.

aka_locojoe said:
jon said:
looks like marty and i will be there!!! pub crawl the night before?
Yeah a Haysville pup crawl. That shouldn't take long :lol:

So back to the saturday night pubcrawl ?? how about in wichita seems kinda close! :roll:
even a short crawl or dinner we'll be in town saturday afternoon. lookin for something to do.

Back