4 Bike Long Haul

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I sold an Elgin project last night so I was looking to pick up something new. I knew for a while about a guy that was supposed to be thinning out a pretty nice collection so I gave him a ring. He had a pretty nice Columbia 5-Star Superb that I was interested in so I decided to take my kid on the nearly 6 hour round trip to check it out. I was totally over whelmed by the quality bikes he had and decided to take home a few. Didnt have enough room or cash to take home that 5-Star so I guess I'll have to go back :D

437_zps6029b22f.jpg

Unknown year original paint Western Flyer
441_zps88cbb1ee.jpg

Unknown year OG paint Mercury
440_zps1ec4e95b.jpg

My daughter was hovering around this the whole time so I had to grab it :D '55 BF Goodrich badged Starlet
439_zpsb337f7df.jpg

Higgins Franken-Bike. Started life as a girls Jetflow then had gender reassignment :lol: This will be parted out, get your build off material here!
442_zps35900792.jpg

Nice finds Brian! :D That must have been some collection! The original paint on the Mercury and Western Flyer is nice :D

Great score!
My favorite is the gender changer with with skirts and the beehive.
Wait a minute, that doesn't sound too good. :oops:

kingfish254 said:
Great score!
My favorite is the gender changer with with skirts and the beehive.
Wait a minute, that doesn't sound too good. :oops:

Now that sounds kinky. I think that might be illegal too. :lol:

Walker said:
I don't know how you do it Brian...

the Mercury looks Identical to the Western Flyer i picked up this winter, except in better shape :mrgreen:

Lots and lots of searching..and driving is how I do it!

Rockit! said:
The Starlet is my favorite of the lot. Your daughter has a good eye!

I'll tell her she needs to thank you for it. We wouldnt have been out bike shopping if you didnt step up for the Elgin. Thanks brother!

Latest posts

Back