4 more from the scrap pile

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This old bike thing is a sickness...saw a guy with a pile of old bikes he was gonna haul to scrap; bought a 26" Huffy from him a couple weeks ago for $5.00...today I went back by there and saw em still layin in a pile so I got 4 more for $20.00.
a 26" Western Tire Auto Store "Endurance Flyer", a 24" Schwinn, a Sears-Roebuck 20" and a 20" boy's All Pro. Just couldn't see em get crushed yet.
I really like the Sears badge. The Sears 20" has a 3-piece crank?
bikes4for10016.jpg

bikes4for10002.jpg

bikes4for10001.jpg

bikes4for10010.jpg

bikes4for10012.jpg

bikes4for10005.jpg

bikes4for10009.jpg

Nice saves.

People have no appreciation for classic metal, sad someone would even think to junk those.

I try to save as many as I can from the scrapyard, cause once in the yard around here, nothing leaves :(

keep hunting :)

I love the SR badge. I have a bike with the same badge and that's my favorite part of the bike.

part them down and you will get your money back easily. Those rusty girls fenders should get your $20 back easily!

Good score!

...here's what the Western Tire bike looks like now, it' rides nice but has a high gear with that big crank sprocket, it'll wear ya out if not on the level.
bikewesterntire001.jpg

...heres a pic of that seat, it's blue/white...the pan is good, cover not so much...front seatpost bracket was rivited on, now off & missing.
bikebabybananaseat002.jpg

bikebabybananaseat004.jpg

A thought just occurred to me, I think that guy was not really headed to the scrap yard, he loaded a bunch of bikes in this truck, strategically drove past known residences and areas where pickers live and places they will be at, in hopes of selling then to said picker(s) for waaaaaay more than the junk man would shell out. Just thinkin''.

54shadow said:
A thought just occurred to me, I think that guy was not really headed to the scrap yard, he loaded a bunch of bikes in this truck, strategically drove past known residences and areas where pickers live and places they will be at, in hopes of selling then to said picker(s) for waaaaaay more than the junk man would shell out. Just thinkin''.

...no, these bikes are just piled up in his front yard by the road, they are still lying there...don't think he's sold any to anyone else but me, but he got $25 for 5 junk bikes from me, better than scrap price...I was glad to get em for that.

Back