4 more schwinns

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked these up today,nothing to write home about but solid stuff.All from one farm family.
two 64 Hollywoods and a 65 mens Racer or similiar
73disclemonpeeler014.jpg

a wee pixie
73disclemonpeeler015.jpg

They look to be in good shape, and all original. A good cleaning and they'd look like new. Just be careful on the chain guard decals and DO NOT RUB.

Xcruiser said:
yup,the white screens are usually the worst,they powder as you know.These will be more for parts or gift bikes,who knows.Better to grab a bike for 20-50.00 than spend 25.00 on a set of cranks on ebay.lol

Yeah at that price I'd grab them just for the wheels. I have had a few Schwinn middle weights myself. Currently have a '54 Wasp, '56 American, '58 American, '66 Heavy Duty, and my fiance has a '68 Hollywood in my shed.

outskirtscustoms said:
Xcruiser said:
yup,the white screens are usually the worst,they powder as you know.These will be more for parts or gift bikes,who knows.Better to grab a bike for 20-50.00 than spend 25.00 on a set of cranks on ebay.lol

Yeah at that price I'd grab them just for the wheels. I have had a few Schwinn middle weights myself. Currently have a '54 Wasp, '56 American, '58 American, '66 Heavy Duty, and my fiance has a '68 Hollywood in my shed.
sounds like my basement fleet lol.I really need the pixie to restore my 70 stingray midget.The pixie has decent fenders and the S2's should clean up for the Midget

Great Score! My sister had a white & pink hollywood just like the one you scored. Didn't have the basket though. We called it the tank! Lots of great parts there! 8)

These old Schwinn bikes (pre 80') are always a good find and worth holding onto. I am currently up to four, a 60' World 3speed, 62' Heavy Duti American, 68' Racer and a 78' Klunker (or Spitfire), and always looking out for more. I will always regret the two varsity 10speed I had just given away blindly about 10 years ago and the 73' Super Sport I sold a few years ago :roll: .

Definatly a sweet set of Schwinns you got. It kinda sucks about how the decals wanna rub off, like on my 68' Racer.

Latest posts

Back