4 new bikes schwinn dx huffy mainliner girls cloumbia and an

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
so i poste these in the bike id section before i purchased them but now i own them los of pics so enjoy
Sean
first up huffy mainliner year unknown but its rough most likely gonna become a klunker but rough shape

next up i know nothing about this but looks cool and definitely repainted green 26 inch bike

the rear wheel is roached on this one but i may restore it as its more complete
third up is a very nice and ratty girls Columbia
this bike rides and is in decent shape for its year 24 inch bike with a mini tank

and lastly the coolest on i got a 24 inch Schwinn dx with a steering wheel handlebars

the rear hub nees rebuilt asnd s spoke needs replacing but the wheels straight

i lightly cleaened the bars and they already look better i think these are gonna be excellent when i totally clean them

all 4 bikes for the bargain price of 120 bucks i feel like i scored with these but the huffy and the blueish green one most likely gonna be parted i haven't decided yet or maybe klunkers
Sean

thanks crash
i like the steering wheel bike personally myself i have not seen one like this before and i cannot seem to find any of them for reference
im suspecting their not original to the bike but still cool
not a bad haul for 120 bucks for everything the guy wanted to sell them as a lot so i got stuck with the other 2 i didn't really want
but its ok im sure im gonna have a lot of these parts available from the greenish blue one and the huffy
thanks for posting
Sean

B607 said:
Steering wheel bike looks like a 24" DX. Gary

you are correct gary
that steering wheel bike is a Schwinn dz i do not know the
year though.
im gonna be trying to unlock the crank set and when i do i will check the serial number on it

heya Luke
yeah i really like the steering wheel bike i listed it on Craigslist but i think im gonna pull it i wanna keep this one
Sean

Schwinn dx my mistake not dz
the handlebars are from shelbar so their not original
im told the bars alone will fetch 100 bucks
anyone's thoughts on that?
thanks
Sean

Does the serial number start with an "I"? I've never seen an "I" serial number on a middleweight bike. I have a '46 or '47 ballooner frame with an "I" serial number but the earliest your bike could be is '54 when the middleweights came out. Hmmmm??? Gary

On the Schwinn DX. Does it look to anyone else, like the frontend (fork) is tweeked back some? Doesn't look quite straight to me in the pictures. Cool find.

yeah i know the forks are tweaked on it.
unfortunately just about all of the bikes except the Columbia had the forks bent.
that's OK though i got some plans for the Schwinn which will involve different forks though.
thanks for sharing
sean.

burrkrayecycles said:
yeah i know the forks are tweaked on it.
unfortunately just about all of the bikes except the Columbia had the forks bent.
that's OK though i got some plans for the Schwinn which will involve different forks though.
thanks for sharing
sean.

Sorry, but I just went through this with a 64 Schwinn Fleet I recently found. Guess they hit a lot of curbs and cars !! :wink:

Latest posts

Back