40' Elgin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. I too thought those items you mentioned were not original. I'm not sure if it had lights or rack, horn etc. Looks like empty switch or button holes in the tank. My plan is to adjust and lube everything and let my wife ride it. I couldn't not buy it for a $100 bucks.

Interesting that the ridged fenders go under the fork, only the second time I've seen these fends.
Missing a very hard to find light bar and lights.
The hub should have a letter and symbol stamped into the shell on the brake arm side...what is it?

add: bars and stem are not correct for this bike, and it originally had a carrier with a light.
Front wheel appears to be a replacement.

2013-11-18_005.JPG

2013-11-18_006.JPG

Nice bike for 100. I might have some period correct (torrington) pedals with patina. $5 plus shipping and thier yours (if I can find them).
LMK, Great find though, my wife would love that one also.
ohnny

BIGver2point0 said:
If these items were for sale what could I expect to pay for them?

These parts go to an Elgin Miss America that I've had for a long time. The headlights are NOS.
I don't know what a current value is but my guess: "a lot".
Trouble is the light bar and lights also fit Twin Bar, so that brings the demand up, may be why yours are missing...?
Front wheel might have had a Floating Hub, maybe that's the reason it was switched too.
btw: your bike was made by Westfield for Sears (Elgin).

They pop up on Ebay every now and then. They usually go for somewhere in the neighborhood of $350. (the lights and crossbar)

Back