40$ excelsior

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to get this old girl, she was at, a roadside antique store on the way home from wmstr. Us royal chain tread's are in good shape, lucky 7 post and dual front and back morrow hubs! :D

620940_280006682105021_641797749_o.jpg

Well, I got home and aired up the tires. Holding so far, so does anyone have any tips for taking apart & regreasing a, morrow hub?

3 wheeled wolfy said:
saved from lawn ornamentism.
indubitably. But I had to let a pair of women's hiawatha's (one had a whizzer belt shieve on the wheel) and a really complete mens hiawatha balooner probably suffer that fate., I can't remember the year of the mens, I've had one before, they're from right after hiawatha bought out shelby, so the majoritie of the parts are shelby but it had a 3 speed sturmy and the caliper brake was mounted in the middle of the seatpost tube. The two hiawatha girls were 20$ a piece, and the mens was 70...... :(

charliechaindrive said:
3 wheeled wolfy said:
indubitably. But I had to let a pair of women's hiawatha's (one had a whizzer belt shieve on the wheel) and a really complete mens hiawatha balooner probably suffer that fate., I can't remember the year of the mens, I've had one before, they're from right after hiawatha bought out shelby, so the majoritie of the parts are shelby but it had a 3 speed sturmy and the caliper brake was mounted in the middle of the seatpost tube. The two hiawatha girls were 20$ a piece, and the mens was 70...... :(
Id go back for the hiawatha and great find man :mrgreen:

It's in lake park, I would go back for it but I don't have a ride to get it. I really can't wait until I get my own driver's license.

charliechaindrive said:
3 wheeled wolfy said:
I really wish i can find a nice vintage mens bike my sister found a nice womans rollfast.

I've actually been in a bit of a drought for bike finds, everything I find is down in nick's territory, or in st cloud.. it SUCKED! but now I'm back to normal, cause when I was working today at the motor cross track, and I might have looked a right fool infront of my friends but I spied a yamaha moto bike in the crowd when we all were singing the national anthem. when we were done, I ran over and I talked to the guy. it's actually his brothers bike , so he had to ask him if he wanted to sell it. it's a 1974 "a" model.

Cool find, that chain guard is wild. I have recently bought a couple vintage drop tube bikes myself, just can't beat some of the cool stuff you find on older bikes they really had style.

this thing had to have been hit incredibly hard, cause it pulls to the left more than you can imagine. any ideas on what the heck it could be??? bent frame? what could it be?

Check right before the rear dropouts, my area's rich so they usually throw out vintage stuff before it becomes vintage :cry:

It could be That the wheels aren't centered, the drop outs aren't level, or that the fork is bent somewhere.

My restored skyrider pulls to the left also its because the dropouts aren't level.

Nick.

charliechaindrive said:
this thing had to have been hit incredibly hard, cause it pulls to the left more than you can imagine. any ideas on what the heck it could be??? bent frame? what could it be?

are the wheels tracking straight?

I've got a hour and a half before I need to leave for work, so I'll go out to the shed and check the dropout levelness. and to put it in perspective, my dad tried.to.ride no handed and the wheel whipped over to.the left and tossed him over the bars :shock: he's okay, but he needs to.believe me when I tell him it pulls to.the left! (bike's okay too)

Back