40s Roadmaster springer? AND trike parts...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, a guy from Australia here. Without getting too much into Ozzy bike history, we never really got many cruisers bigger than 20" here, and no cool springer forks of any kind. So, I am trying to custom build a set like the ones on this bike:
Howell05B.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone can help with close-up and/or disassembled pics to make my life that wee bit easier?

Thanks in advance,

Gus

Hey Gus! If you want i can get you a close up on the pics on the front fork if you would like. I can't get any of it torn down but the pics should help you out. I sold the ones off this bike and it has rigid forks now. The only problem I forsee is the springs, the springs off the sringer in the pic actually broke down and made a lot of noise which is why I took them off. I do have some NOS pieces if you need them but not sure about shipping cost? Let me know on the pics. Thanks Troy or fattroy.
Also thanks Hooch!

Hey, thanks heaps for the reply, I had no idea when I posted that the builder of this bike was on here, I just thought this would be the right place. That pic is from BRnK.

Anyway, thanks heaps for the offer of parts, but shipping would destroy my wallet, and I think I have enough bits'n'pieces to go on here. However, the pics would be a MASSIVE help, so that would be great, if you could.

Thanks,

Gus.

Hey Gus!! Thats cool you visit bikerodnkustom it's an excellent website. I have 10 pics for you of that springer. If you want to give me your email I can send them your way!! Thanks Troy

Hey Gus did you get my email? Just wanted to see didn't want the pics to go to someone else if I got your email wrong! Let me know thanks, Troy.

No. :cry: No, I was starting to think you had forgot. I'll PM you my email again, thanks heaps for taking an interest.

The pics came through great, thanks a bunch for the help, now i need to get out to the shed and commence welding and grinding.

BUT I was also wondering if anyone has pics of a typical tricycle drivetrain? The purpose built kind with single sided hubs, not the lowrider adapter type units. Thanks to all who take the time to read this, and apologies for all the pic requests..... :oops:

:D Here's a couple of pictures of an original
trike I have.I hope these are what your looking
for. This has a unusual 3 speed set-up
with a derailluer,

Vroom

2006_1228tri0062.jpg

2006_1228tri0059.jpg

Back