40's Wards Hawthorn first build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been trying to build this bike, I have had it for 10+ years, now its getting done, so far only money spent is for paint and tubes. but I am having a problem reassembling the crank, it might be bent, cause cant seem to get it to run straight, i know the sprocket is ok, cause I laid on glass and sat flat. I'm prob just don't know how to reassemble. This bike was in boxes when I got it. Oh and I need a seat post too! IMG_20160603_161218517.jpg

Rollfast or Hawthorne? I know when I put mine together I didnt have the bearing on the crank side setting straight in the cup and caused a wobble till i made sure it was in place correctly.

Pretty sure its Hawthorn- the badge was still screwed on. Today I went to my bud's and he helped me, the crank is bent, so he had a spare Schwinn one from a Exercycle, went right in and runs great. Now the problem is my forks, the threads are messed up where the bearing race screws down. Question is can it be fixed? I was thinking of cutting the tube in the middle, add a section in, cut the bad area off and have it re-threaded. Only thing is who can do the thread cutting?

Back