41 Schwinn?? Help needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys, I am thinking about making an offer on this bike.
Seller says it's a 41 Schwinn with a morrow hub and miller kickstand.
I am thinking about making an offer, but not sure what would be fair or what the bike is even worth as it sits.
Any thoughts?
These are the only pics
00O0O_jKilXY7fEpf_1200x900.jpg

00404_kcbgauSYNzz_1200x900.jpg

00J0J_8s3HWyM40cA_1200x900.jpg

Well we would need to see the serial number, after that it's easy. But just from the these photos it's hard to say it has the hockey stick chain guard and deco stem as well as a dogleg crank, which indicate it's pre-war but someone could have easily put these parts on a newer frame and when I mean newer thats like 1946-48. But even that seems unlikely, the serial number is key in knowing what year the frame and fork set is.

Also is this a 26inch or a 24inch frame can't tell from the pic.
And how much dose he want for it how it sits ?

There are some differences in the frames and paint (if you're lucky enough to have original paint) that help ID an earlier than 48 Schwinn. On this bike, it has the rear facing dropouts. Schwinn came out with their new forward facing dropouts in 45 or 46, so we know it's made before then.
There are other things the experts can pick out too.

A quote from Arlen Ness... Build them how you want I ride them... Was a response to how mutch is too mutch to invest...

in this case was a client asking about his wife's plastic surgery habit... But still valid point.

Depends on local market. If the 1" pitch chain's not rust locked it could go for 50 by itself in some places, maybe 100 or two for the whole thing, whereas many spandexers or Harry Homeowners might see at it as trash. Offer him 50. The worst that can happen is he says no and/or says a higher price. No reason to start at top dollar, it is a rust bucket after all.

If local I don't think your loosing I can sell any Schwinn cruiser for 80-100 minimum thats got a cool badge and Skippy.... I think you can get out from under it if needed.

It's prewar, gotta be a '40 or '41. It's a 26". It's easily worth the $100. And it's probably already sold by now.

It's prewar, gotta be a '40 or '41. It's a 26". It's easily worth the $100. And it's probably already sold by now.

Probably, I contacted him the day it was for sale, he said he was going camping and I asked him to get back to Me when he got back. He never replied.
I appreciate all the replies and info.

Probably, I contacted him the day it was for sale, he said he was going camping and I asked him to get back to Me when he got back. He never replied.
I appreciate all the replies and info.
I hate that... Why list of can't deal w it...
Worse is when you try wait respectfully and on their terms... It burns me when they at the last minute try say they didn't really research the value.... No I'm not giving you a dime more, especially if I answered your ad with " if it's available still I would like to purchase at your listed price thank you"

Back