42 CWC Seat Post Size

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm looking to buy a seat post for a 42 CWC Roadmaster mens 26" balloon tires bike I have.
Marius.sarium has a couple listed for sale in his 37 Roadmaster parts.
I'm interested in the 7" one - one on the bottom in the pic.

Does anyone know if this will work on my 42...........?
He measured the diameter at about 15.90 mm or so and it looks like my seat hole / post hole in frame is about 5/8 inch or so which converts to almost 15.90 mm.

Just looking to try and confirm - any help / info appreciated
Thanks
Mike

My 1940 is 5/8. I got the local fab shop to order me 2 feet of the strongest steel rod available. I don't recall the spec but I think it was cold rolled, nice and shiny. He said if this bends, nothing else is as strong. So far no bends. It's up high, 27 inches from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat posts. I only weigh 155 but I use it on single track with loss of jarring. I bent 2 5/8 hardware store steel rods before I got this one.

Thanks for all the info..........I got lucky last night - I found the original.
Actually my son did - he said it was here somewhere, kept looking and sure as heck found it :)

Just have Chad "slowriderz" make you one, he'll make whatever you need. Any diameter , length, bend, anything. They are the best in my opinion.

Agreed, slowridez offers some great posts, and definitely go to him if you need a layback or any othr kind of bend in the post. But, if you're going with a straight post, slowriderz is simply using this https://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=4794&step=4&showunits=inches&id=198&top_cat=197 and bending it for a layback; that's $3/foot right there, and that's ugly online prices. If you got a supply somewhere near you, it might be cheaper....

Then again, it seems like you found the og post, so it's probably just a moot point. :thumbsup:

Back