48 Humber, oops!!! not a Hercules

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I finally traded for this,my wife thought I was crazy for trading a trike for this, ( she didn't have to find a place to put the trike) but anyways ,its rough,needs the correct front wheel& chainguard. I have never seen a fork like this and I always wanted to do a rod brake bike, So first thing is to let it marinade in pb blast for a year to get the cranks off, and then save up for some cool 26 X 1 3/8 tires.
001-88.jpg

002-82.jpg

003-80.jpg

004-64.jpg

005-60.jpg

006-54.jpg

Re: 48 Hercules (twin fork?)

No kiddin', that bike has some awesome features!

LukeTheJoker said:
That is one very cool bike, love the rod brakes, love that fork and a cool chainring to boot... :wink:

Luke.

Re: 48 Hercules (twin fork?)

I have seen a fork like that but can't remember where. The spring cover on the kickstand is cool.

thats really cool man you dont see humbers to much ...i have a chance to buy a humber with headbadge but its missing the fenders and has been spray painted green ...i dont know much about humbers and their value but i still am pondering buy one

My Dad had a matched pair of his 'n' hers Humbers with these forks. I'll see if he's still got them an post a pic. Very comfortable bikes ISTR

Back