$5 SCOOTER...before and after..FINISHED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have no idea what this thing is other than a scooter of course. Already have it torn down..paint stripped an the rims painted red. From there i have no idea what will become of it. Bought it at an Antique sale today

SCOOTER2.jpg

SCOOTER1.jpg

Re: $5 SCOOTER

outskirtscustoms said:
Judging from the bars and stem I am guessing it's a Mongoose.

Well my friend you were 100% correct. It's a Mongoose Miniscoot from the 80's. Thanks for the info. Man I love this site. Everyone here is so helpful.

IMG_8282.jpg

IMG_8280.jpg

IMG_8275.jpg

IMG_8283.jpg

IMG_8281.jpg

So A $5 scooter looked pretty bad..but the finished product put a million dollar smile on my little guy. He even wore my Captain America Motor Cycle helmet to test it out. Dad sent me some old license plates and the spirit of 76 plate worked great for the platform.

Pretty nice, the Captain America theme made me feel all Patriotic and stuff....lol But seriously nice job.

deven_science said:
I like the license plates. Very cool idea.

I was laying in bed one night trying to figure out what to do for the platform where you stand on this thing. I was going to do Diamond plate but didn't really know much about it. Then it hit me. I have a stack of vintage license plates my Dad sent me from Michigan and one of them was from 1976. RED White and Blue. That might work. And to my surprise the plate was perfect size and matched the colors. My son loves that thing. So much for his Razor now. Anyone want to buy a Razor..ha ha . I think it will be sitting still for a while now. Poor razor met it's match. The VINTAGE Captain America Scooter. Although Im not sure how Vintage that thing is.

GreatWhite00 said:
I used to have a diamond plate board on my old scooter.

As a license plate collector, I must say, nice job.

I just started picking up old License plates...My dad came through for me and sent me all his from the 50's up to now....thanks Dad..ha ha

Back