$5 scrap pile find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...saw a guy gettin ready to scrap a bunch of old bikes, most were junk;
I got this one off the pile for $5; frame was pretty bent up and rusty but I just wanted to try to save it....don't know what brand it is; has a sticker for a headbadge(not brass or aluminum) so probly not that old.
freecanti-3spdcanti005.jpg

freecanti-3spdcanti003.jpg

freecanti-3spdcanti007.jpg
freecanti-3spdcanti006.jpg

freecanti-3spdcanti008.jpg

That poor, poor, poor Huffy. Cruel, heartless, I better stop there.

Who scraps a golden age middleweight? And a Huffy at that? :?:

This bike is a 1950s-1964 Huffy built bicycle, and I think it is maybe a Firestone badged model?

I disassembled this bike today, the sticker on the seatpost said "Rollfast"...
the ser. no. on the dropout reads 96221447.....can anyone tell me anything about this frame?

....worked on this thing the last 2 days; straightened the frame and used parts from 10-12 bikes to put it together,...mountain bike rims, 5 speeds, took it for a ride this evening, really rides nice. Wanna get the bars up about 2-3 inches and maybe a better seat altho this skinny thing ain't all that bad for no springs. I stole the shifter idea from someone on here as I couldn't find a good longer cable in my stash to mount the shifter on the bars; this works just great. Only money I got in it is the $5.00 I bought it for and the new bars & tires. Rims are gonna clean up nice.

freecanti-3spdcanti019.jpg

freecanti-3spdcanti015.jpg

freecanti-3spdcanti014.jpg

freecanti-3spdcanti024.jpg

Back