$5 specials

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Guy cleaning out a barn sold me these 2 gems for $5 per.
Huffy Mojave Gulch - a genuine Made in US of A 26 er.

HUFFY MOJAVE GULCH 4.jpg

and a Next Plush - China wally world bike shaped object.

next plush 4.jpg

They are "all there" and the history of the Huffy is unknown.:bandit:
The Next has a rear tire bead that refuses to stay on the rim.:eek:
I havent the foggiest notion what I'm gonna do with these but maybe the Huffy can become one of those cool old "truss arch" frames. The Next is just weird - parts I suppose.:crazy2:

Those old Wally mtbs are a treasure in parts. Tires, tubes and lots of other goodies. I take all I can get and most are free.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Was like 24deg and sunny today. Messed around with da Huffy and gears and brakes actually WORK!
Chain is not rusty... Gonna air up the semi flat tires and ride it tomorrow...:giggle:

Headbadge has American flag and Made in USA on it.
Think it's to old to be a NAFTA model?:rofl:

Hey, ten bucks for two bikes...SCORE!!!!!!!! I would take the tires, wheels, sprockets and derailer and put them on something old and cool...just to do it. Then I would take it out into the woods and wail on it:)

Took the Huffy for a short ride today, got to get the seat and bars higher but wheels spin nice and true!
It has Falcon front derailleur and a Techtra rear derailleur.

Got the seat and bars up a little bit (amazed nothing is stuck) Took it around in the slush - not bad.
Brakes and Shifter work better with use. Tires holding air.
Looks like someone used rear reflector for target practice. LOL.

Attachments

• side view.JPG
    side view.JPG
    319.8 KB
  • flag badge.JPG
    flag badge.JPG
    226.2 KB
  • iso view.JPG
    iso view.JPG
    713.5 KB
  • shot reflector.JPG
    shot reflector.JPG
    244.3 KB
Those late 80s-mid 90s Huffy's are decent bikes, but the deraileurs SUCKED!! I'd swap out those cheap Falcons or cheaped-out Shimanos for something better and sell it to somebody who needs it.

That Next? Ick. Strip the tires, tubes, rim strips, bearings, kickstand, brake pads, and cables, then scrap it. There's really no use for those bikes and they rust like the dickens.

Latest posts

Back