$5 Yard Sale Score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scored this older Kia "stringray" type bike at a yard sale. Maybe from the 80's? Guy only wanted $5 for it. Maybe a quick flip or a keeper, not sure yet. Been kept indoors it's whole life. All original. Not too familiar w/ these, but any info would be helpful. Thanks...!!

DSCN3185_zps6814c4e8.jpg

I am a banana bike guy so that one would be a keeper for me. Love it and the great price. Dont know anything about Kia bikes either. Heres a 3 speed Kia i got last year for 5 bucks. It was rideable and i sold it for something like 10 or 15 bucks. I once saw a Kia whitewall tired beach bike at an auction.

zkia.jpg

Diamond Dogg said:
Scored this older Kia "stringray" type bike at a yard sale. Maybe from the 80's? Guy only wanted $5 for it. Maybe a quick flip or a keeper, not sure yet. Been kept indoors it's whole life. All original. Not too familiar w/ these, but any info would be helpful. Thanks...!!

DSCN3185_zps6814c4e8.jpg

My dad bought me the same exact bike for Christmas when I was a kid! Same color and everything! Crazy! After riding it for a year or so my older brothe surpised me. While I was in school he added mirrors, a slick rear tire, headlight, tail and signal lights! I was a happy camper that day! Great score man!

Nice find ! even better Price :)

is that a lugged frame ? if so let me know when you decide to move it on, might want it for my lugged muscle bike fetish .. hmm. did that sound right... ..

ilikebikes said:
My dad bought me the same exact bike for Christmas when I was a kid! Same color and everything! Crazy! After riding it for a year or so my older brothe surpised me. While I was in school he added mirrors, a slick rear tire, headlight, tail and signal lights! I was a happy camper that day! Great score man!

sooo... what year was it?

deorman said:
Korean built 80ish is probably close. Can't beat that deal with a stick! 8)
But no later than 1986 when they stopped producing bicycles.
Awesome deal.

You could have gotten a 5 dollar foot long instead.. and still be hungry..LOL Nice score that bikes in great shape.. :wink:

jaydub said:
You could have gotten a 5 dollar foot long instead.. and still be hungry..LOL Nice score that bikes in great shape.. :wink:

Nope couldnt have got a Subway with only 5.00. At least there was no tax at the yard sale.

Latest posts

Back