50's Evans Sonic Scout

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my new toy off Ebay ($57)it was local so no shipping!
still needs cleaned up some but I had to tear into it as soon as it come out of the pickup!
before
18_1.JPG

after some new wheels and tires and Handlebars

ww.jpg

er.jpg

even the horn and delta light worked with new batteries!
ttt.jpg

I guess these Evans bicycles were designed by Harley Earl who deisgned for General Motors
The purests will hate me lol but hey they gotta hate somebody :)

Awright!

I saw this one on ebay! Great pickup! These bikes have classic lines. I have an AMF Roadmaster with the same basic lines that I am working on. Looks like yours came in Waaaaaay nice shape. RIDE it!

it is very nice.... not perfect but nice.... my fist instinct when I won was painting it flat black but its too nice the original wheels were painted silver with 26x1.75 tires and the new are chrome with 26x2.125 and luckily the fenders are straight enuff yet cuz its tight! I want to drill holes in the rear fenders and do some skirt lacing with white leather lacing yet

IDEA!

Just an idea, but I would see how it would look without the rear fender and just the rack in place. I think it would kinda look like a BIG ... fender on the back! and with the fact it points straight out the back the lines of the bike might flow better. Just my nickel. BTW i have another set of those very same fender in black with red and cream stripes if decide you want to try something else.

Joe

I thought about fenderless but I really like the Delta light and I dont think it would right with a front on and back off but I might take it apart n play with it yet :)
I got a call tonight sounds like I have a sweet super clean Schwinn Town and Country bought! might have to build on the garage lol

WOW!! it's far out what rims, White walls and apes can do for the look of a bike. This is what I DIG about this site. The ideas and vision that members come up with and to show!, by mixing parts or slight mods [and not caring what the purists think][IFF they don't like it, they can go out the garage and count serial #'s! 8)

I love that light. And i actually like the rear fender its a different shape then normal so that makes it cool.

I like it! I think it has enough custom and vintage to leave as is!! That is Bitshin!

What do I think?

I think its done!

You there! Step awaaaay from the bike - it belongs to the ages now.

Seriously though, the cool thing about mods like this is that, at some point in the future should you want to put the bike back to "as built", a few hours wrenching will do the trick. Until then, you've got more style than you can shake a stick at. If it were my bike, I don't think I'd drill & lace the fender. Even though roddin' is the mantra here, IMHO we shouldn't cut up the creampuff survivors, there's only so many of them. It is however, our moral duty to take all the rusty junk no one else wants and transform it into a shag-nasty ride that makes people hide the children and bar the doors (I'll get off my soapbox now)

-Mp

* the above is only my opinion, not trying to offend or start a fight *

Re: What do I think?

Multipass said:
I think its done!

You there! Step awaaaay from the bike - it belongs to the ages now.

Seriously though, the cool thing about mods like this is that, at some point in the future should you want to put the bike back to "as built", a few hours wrenching will do the trick. Until then, you've got more style than you can shake a stick at. If it were my bike, I don't think I'd drill & lace the fender. Even though roddin' is the mantra here, IMHO we shouldn't cut up the creampuff survivors, there's only so many of them. It is however, our moral duty to take all the rusty junk no one else wants and transform it into a shag-nasty ride that makes people hide the children and bar the doors (I'll get off my soapbox now)

Well said MP...oh yeah, and you made me laugh :lol:

"tonight I added a springer frontend to it what do you think?"

Which ever way you run, that bike looks cool -My vote is original fork w/ COOL truss rods because its diffrent, than the usual "SCHWINN" ---approved, like, style, authentic, wanna be, just like, will fit, ETC., ETC., ETC., SPRINGER.............OOOPS I'm ranting, BUT, Which ever way you run, that bike looks cool :?

Poke it with a fork!!!!It's done...I like it just like that!

you could throw a set of Red Rims..or Paint up a set of ( second set ) rims The Mellow Yellow or the Frame colour.

I think Red Rims would look pretty cool.But I wouldn't mess with the Patina or the Stock paint job....

Back