'51 or '53 Schwinn???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I looked up this Schwinn 3 speed that was given to me earlier this year on Old Road's serial no. list and it looks like this frame matches both those years. How can I figure out which year it really is? A43382 is the no. I found on my frame on the rear. The bike has the small circle head badge.

The serials were on the BB through 1951, 52-early 70 are on the rear dropout, so I'd say 53. A pic would help, of course! -Adam

I tried to take a pic of the serial no. but there is so much extra paint it was hard to read with the naked eye. So the pic just looks flat. The old man doesn't remember what year he got it as a kid. Yep I'm second owner.

It was 1952 when they switched from the bottom bracket to the left dropout. Your bike was made Aug 31, 1953. They made over 5000 bikes that day.

OK a pic of the bike.

IMG00191-20100419-1849.jpg

Wildcat said:
It was 1952 when they switched from the bottom bracket to the left dropout. Your bike was made Aug 31, 1953. They made over 5000 bikes that day.

Sweet thanks, now I just need to swap the right parts back from the other bike he gave me. It's an Elswick 3 speed.

Back