52 BF Goodrich cruiser found me (daytime pic)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a call from a friend tonight that he was in the alley behind my house with some bikes for me, not knowing what he had I went to look hoping it wasnt "old" WM cruisers. Well heres what he had and at a price I couldnt pass up.
Heres the 52 BF Goodrich that found me. It has issues but a nice canvas to start a build from.

One side of the fork has been welded sometime in its life. will have to replace it.

chain guard is in good shape, but not sure where they got the sprocket from

love the seat, this may end up on my hawthorne

2nd bike, hawthorne girls bike 24 inch

3rd bike, sonic flyer missing the tank. but I do have the chain guard

4th bike, home built tandom. the guy said he used plans from popular mechanics. may take the frame by my other friends house and see if he can cut it and reweld it so the seat tubes match.

All 4 bikes for the low price of $20.

Re: 52 BF Goodrich cruiser found me

Figure Ill flip the sonic flyer and make my money back and maybe use the Goodrich for next years build off bike.

Goodrich chainring is probably correct, it is the same one as used on the Phantom I think.

Got to looking at the girls Hawthorne I got in the deal because the rims didn't look right on it and realized its a 26 inch and that the frame matched my Hawthorne skiptooth. The bad part besides none of the parts on it are right when I flipped it over the bottom tube had been rewelded then they welded a strip of metal across the BB front to back. Guess its getting stripped and stuck in the garage attic

dragnusa said:
Someone chime in if I'm wrong but the Goodrich is a hornet and should be a skiptooth right?

If that chain ring and guard came on that bike, it wouldn't be a Hornet. It would more likely be a more deluxe BA-107. The springer legs look like they are Schwinn but the yoke is from an aftermarket springer. Seat looks like an original Schwinn B1 seat. Gary

Latest posts

Back