54' ROADMASTER LUXURY LINER 3 speed balloon tire

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Always liked these......1954 Roadmaster Luxury Liner. As an added bonus someone spoked a Schwinn front drum brake on it....has the matching script brake lever :mrgreen: Has a 54' dated Sturmey Archer 3 speed coaster brake rear hub....that really looks to be original to the bike. This one was living in an old factory building a block from my house.

Great find! That will clean up nicely, love the black frame w/red and chrome accents.

Is it Murray built? Tank looks kinda Colorflowish, X53ish, Jetflowish in shape.

Can''t wait to see what you do with it.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Man!! You can't look at that bike and eyes go from tank point to carrier tail, back and forth. Beautiful bike.

1918 Ranger

Road Master said:
Hi! They also swapped sides w/ the lower trusses on the springer. From the factory the bumpers face forward - first time I've seen them reversed - kind of cool actually! Great Score! Robert

Robert, they swapped the trusses to clear the pork chop (bracket) on the Schwinn drum brake.

Glad you guys like it.....I always enjoy seeing the stuff you guys post. I'm always amazed at what shows up here and the imagination in the builds. I need to do another bike soon :?

Anyone out there have an extra cardinal leadlight laying around :mrgreen:

ratina said:
Dr. Tankenstein said:
Great find! That will clean up nicely, love the black frame w/red and chrome accents.

Is it Murray built? Tank looks kinda Colorflowish, X53ish, Jetflowish in shape.

Can''t wait to see what you do with it.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Its AMF built

Kind of the end of line for the Cleveland Welding stuff after AMF took over and maybe an early look at the middleweights that were right around the corner. The thing still weighs a ton like a ballooner though.

That is really a slick looking tank/rack combo!!!

00000aaaaaaroad.jpg

Latest posts

Back