'57 Speed Creep

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
monarkoriginal.jpg

to post pictures simply copy and paste the image code from photobucket :D

Like the colors,cool bike

Thanks for the posting tip! :D A little bit of progress, flat black paint and some decals. Thanks to the folks at Rue Morgue Magazine.

ratbike2005.jpg

ratbike2009.jpg

I like the original colours of the bike myself, but they are not my cup of tea, nor is the way it behaved. The original rusty paint, Firestone decals, seat, crank and pedals are staying in the mix. Everything else is subject to the wrath of heavy metal and Pabst Blue Ribbon!

This was my first build, and even though the 3-speed hasn't panned out yet, here's what I got. It all started with a 1957 Monark Firestone Speed Chief middleweight that I have had for a few years, but was never happy with. The bike was completely torn down, the only original parts that remained are the crank, seat, chain, pedals and stem. I swapped out the original fork for a Monark repop springer and painted it flat black. The handlebars are off a 70's muscle bike, the chain guard is off a 1930s Mead, the grips are 70s NOS, and the reflectors in the grips are 60s NOS. The bell is WWII blackout, tires are Duro flame tread ballooners, taillights are 50s Delta, and the headlight is unknown 40s. I gutted the headlight and placed a new LED bar mount light in the battery tray. The taillights were painted flat black and have LEDs in them as well. The original kickstand was swapped out for a bat-wing style one. The air caps are vintage rubber checkered flags. The rear fender is a front fender from an Electra that I had to do some adjustments on to get it to fit. I really like the ratty original decals so they stayed and I added a few others. It rides so smooth and I'm finally happy with it! Cheers!

ratbike2008.jpg

ratbike2007.jpg

ratbike2006.jpg

ratbike2004.jpg

ratbike2001.jpg

ratbike2003.jpg

ratbike2002.jpg

Latest posts

Back