'58 Hercules, Plus a Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
An old high school friend of mine does a lot of odd jobs around our hometown, and up into the hills surrounding it. He told me that he gets a lot of opportunities to grab old bikes, but his property is already filled with cars, so he has only grabbed a few. I drove up to his house, and got two of them from him, but the more interesting part to me is the possible future bikes I might get, now that he has a list from me of names and types to grab for me.

Today, I picked up from him a 90's Schwinn cruiser, with a couple of interesting parts on it. It's got a really nice aluminum chainring on it, and it's got the largest moon bars I have ever seen. Like, by several inches. This thing is HUGE.

IMG_0959.jpg

I also got a 1958 Hercules girls bike. It's frozen up, and missing the tires, the cable and shifter for the three speed hub, handlebars, and the seat. It seems to be complete otherwise, with some nice parts. The hub is not an S/A, by the way, though it looks just like one. It has the Hercules name on it. "Hercules Bicycle & Motor Co." The hub is also where I got the year.

IMG_0960.jpg

I'm not sure what I'm doing with either one, though the Hercules may become a second bike for the wife, so that she has a rolling relic as an option to ride, when she wants it.

Latest posts

Back