59 meteor flight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Picked up this '59 Murray Meteor Flight the other. Its all original and a complete bike with the exception of the badge and front light. Anyone have a picture of what they look like? Im going to to a simple clean up and clear coat to preserve it. Whats the best way to clean up and remove the surface rust without harming the paint?
egygenyd.jpg

Ive got a 58 w/f fire flite thats almost identical!!
closest lookin bike to mine ive seen yet.

heres mine....

and the day i brot it home(small pic!!)

Wow, that broke down super easy with the exception of the screw holding the tank halves together, which is soaking up some PB blaster now. Most of what i thought was surface rust turned out to be grime so it cleaned up pretty well. Only issue was that the first cleaner i used ate away at the paint so the front fender is semi transparent in places now. Nearly all the chrome is in good shape with the exception of a few spots on the rear rack where its flaking. Should be able to have this cleaned up and clear coated in plenty of time for the Richmond vintage bike show.

Latest posts

Back