$60.00 Seems to be the Magic Number

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Got my tax returns so now I'm on my yearly kick of picking up bikes I don't need....HA
This past week I picked up three bikes off CL, each for $60.00.

The first one I bought cause it was cheap(ish), and at worst I can use it for parts, or flip it this summer or fall.

I hate those handlebars, but the stem is good to use, wheels are true and the tires are great. I could reuse the pedals and handgrips as well.
The bottom bracket bearings seem to need some attention and the seat is crap but it's a Volkswagen....

Next I only had to ride 5 blocks further and I rode both bikes home when I picked up this bike.....

I have No idea what kind of bike it is, but I figured my first Nexus 7 speed, with hub brake, it was worth the $60.00.
As you can see in the last photo the front fender seems to be on backwards... Tires are barely used on it, I might just ride it for awhile and flip it later.
One problem it does have is that in 7th speed it slips out of gear all the rest are fine. Something I'm going to have to learn about, feel free to help...

Last one for the week I picked up because I've flipped a couple of these, but have always wanted one to play with myself....

This is probably The Cleanest LaJolla I've seen. I love that these frames are So Light.... I'm finally going to make mine. After I remove all the stupid decals, I'm going to put a bigger crank on it, swap out apehangers, and throw on a banana seat. The present seat is immaculate and will be used to flip some other bike.

My first bike of "the season" I got a couple of weeks ago for $65.00. I was going to sell it for a friend, but decided to keep it myself.

As you can see it's a Sears 3 speed, from the look of the fenders and chainguard, (which I Love) I believe it's late 50's or early 60's.
I've seen these in black and red, but never a green one. It's all original except the tubes, tires, and seat. I threw an old Messinger seat on it because it had some crap Next seat on it.
I might convert it to a single speed coaster brake if I keep it. The three speed switch needs to be replaced I think, because it keeps jumping out of medium, so it's only a 2 speed as is. One reason to keep it original is that I love how the back break cable goes into the frame of the bike, as you can kind of see in the last photo.

Well that's it for now... I've also picked up a bunch of new parts thanks to a few members here, and ebay. I'll probably do a thread when I finally get all of them.
Thanks for looking.....

Back