'60 Corvette

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I found this bike years ago. I spotted an older gentleman (Jim) riding it down the sidewalk and pretty much pulled right in front of him to talk to him about it. We got to talking, of course I asked about the bike but he made it clear it wasn't for sale (I don't like buying daily riders anyway). He did however show me to his garage attic where there were half a dozen ladies bikes. All in excellent shape. I bought those and we made a deal that if he ever decided to sell his bike I would pay him what I offered. I would check in with him once in a while and take a ride with him. Sometimes he would just let me take the 'Vette out on group rides without him. He always said that just because he didn't feel like taking a ride, it didn't mean the bike couldn't go. Who could argue with that. Anyway.... I show up to the shop today and lo and behold! My business partner made a deal for the Corvette! Merry Christmas! He says! I couldn't believe it! I don't get in to middleweights much these days, but this one on of those instances where I had thought I would never actually get the bike and then for it to just show up!

I didn't even clean it. I took off the 80's rear rack and added a NOS teardrop reflector I had been saving for this bike.

122311151323.jpg

122311151353.jpg

122311151406.jpg

The seat had a cover on it. Jim bought the bike from the original owner in the 70's and said that he's never taken the cover off. I believe him.
122311151417.jpg

AS Bolts
122311151425.jpg

Clean machine! That seat is great, rivets on the sides?

It won't be long before some young kid comes up to you wanting to buy it. :lol:

I've been having strong urges for a black early 60's Corvette and this thread isn't helping!
Great bike!

Beautiful bike. I am a stingray guy but I would really like to add a nice 3 speed vette to my collection.

Very nice bike. Are you going to display it in your shop or hide it at home? I'd display it with a picture of the man on it and a copy of the story, with a BIG (NFS) next to it.

This bike is already being displayed in my front window at the shop but will be moved to our second store in March with a "Courtesy of Jim _______" sign attached. The Corvette is definitely on the NFS list (which seems to be growing quite rapidly these days). Merry Christmas RRB members and families!

Latest posts

Back