60's? monark?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just picked this up today and have no idea what year it might be. the seller wasn't sure either. i tried looking for serial numbers on the web with no luck. it appears to be pretty original, but i am still a rookie. thanks for any help.
serial no. 1H763129

HPIM2909.jpg

thank you ratina. these are a little harder to research than schwinns.

1967 Huffy built for sure and oddly marked as a Monark, although I do not know if that ties in with Monark built bicycles. It would be like putting a Cadillac badge on a Cavilier. The first number, after the letter of the ser# 1H763129 is 7 and I have a 61' Huffy built JCH with same chainring but different guard, leading me to believe 1967 to be accurate. I think they changed the chainring a year or two later.

Cool bike and looks in rather descent condition.

thanks for the info so far guys, i still haven't had any luck searching for similar bikes or a serial no. this 61 galaxie seems similar as far as bars, tray, seat, fenders, chainring, and kickstand. still, i'd like to find more info on it.
i cleaned it today. i think it was the first time the old bike had seen soap and water in some time. cleaned up nice.

It is a 61 Huffy built.
OldRoads.com - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles Huffy Serial Numbers

Determining a Huffy's age requires two steps: The last digit of the year of manufacture can be determined by the first digit of the serial number. Then you have to look for other characteristics to determine the decade of manufacture.
Example: Your serial number starts with "5" Your cycle has 26 x 1.75 tires Your cycle has a built in tank

This would be a cycle manufactured in 1965

Latest posts

Back