60s ROADMASTER RENEGADE - GRRRRRRRREAT!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Haven't bought a bike now in months....been staying away from Craigslist. :lol:

Happened to check the CL last night and saw an ad for "Old Bikes" and noticed this coppertone bike in the group.

As usual, they wanted to sell the whole lot and just about everything else was of no interest so thankfully they let me cut two bikes from the group and this was one of them.

I gave it a quick wash today, but haven't gone over the chrome or really detailed it yet. I've always wanted a coppertone bike with the tiger stripe Troxel. The Esso tiger grips were a bonus. Just need a tiger tail to hang from the seat. Appears to have the original Sears tires too.

Only two minuses are a split in the seat and some dents in the chainguard. Otherwise it's in nice shape for its age.

amf0012.jpg

amf0013.jpg

amf0011.jpg

amf0017.jpg

amf0010.jpg

amf0009.jpg

amf0006.jpg

amf0005.jpg

amf0007.jpg

amf0008.jpg

amf0004.jpg

DSC_0015-9.jpg

amf0016.jpg

amf0014.jpg

amf0012-1.jpg

Made in Little Rock, AR. Any idea what year that thing was built? I never knew bikes were made in AR. Gary

Hey Gary,

I'm going to guess 1965 or older because of the Troxel Solo Polo style seat, but I bet it's a 1965.

The grips are stamped 1965, but those could have been added at any point after 65.

Here's the serial number if anyone is good at deciphering AMF products...

amf0018.jpg

WOW. Definitely a keeper. I'll bet its at least a 65 as well. Are the tires date coded? Seems to be a number of these early non Schwinn polo bikes popping up in the last year or so.

I checked the tires but couldn't locate a code or a maker on either side of the tires.

They say "Sears" and "Made in Korea" and the size and inflation recommendation.

Nice, that would look nice in the Muscle Bike Museum. :roll:

Back