61' Raleigh Dynohub

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read these bikes were built tough to be like a car in those days. Cool restoration, i love the old raleigh's but overhauling their cranks were always a pain to me. One of the best things about them were that the brake pads last like forever. 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen:

I took some outdoor photos. The hoops I used had perfect chrome. They look nice in the sun.
P1011081.jpg

P1011086.jpg

P1011083.jpg

P1011084-1.jpg

The brake lever mounts have the Raleigh symbol stamped on them.
P1011085.jpg

P1011082.jpg

It's not perfect but I like it. I have been riding it everyday.

Oh yeah, the frame is strong, the 47 year old 3 speed shifts real nice and the Dyno-hub works great and is practically frictionless. Everything on the bike is well built. I'm wondering if I could throw a taller sprocket on the hub though. Where I live is kind of hilly and I ain't as young as I used to be.

My dad used to have one of these when I was young. I've always liked the simplicity of the gear's cablewheel under the seat since I was a kid, thanks for reminding me 8) I so much regret knowing what I know now letting my dad throw it away some 20 years ago... :shock:

Very nice clean up !

I swapped out the 18 tooth sprocket for a 20 and put a set of clipless pedals on her...Nice!

Back