63 Columbia special tank bike score

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just got home with this. Decent shape . Guy wanted 50. I offered 30. Took it home for 40. Does anyone know where to get stencils for this bike? Think I want to do a stock restoration.
100_4332.jpg

100_4330.jpg

Nice find. Decals may be had on ebay or they could be reproduced. A stock restoration could become expensive if you start rechroming.

You did GREAT on that. I have seen a few places on Ebay that sell decals, you might try messaging one of them to see if they have what you need or there is a guy on here that can do it as well.

cman said:
Nice find. Decals may be had on ebay or they could be reproduced. A stock restoration could become expensive if you start rechroming.

Very true, most of it looks like it would clean up rather well with a little Oxalic acid though. The rim hoops are really the worst chrome I see on the bike but you could easily paint the hoops and restore the rest.

Thanks for the info. The type of "restoration" I was thinking was a good OA de - rusting and polishing. Think I will have to paint the rims. Paint on the bike is pretty good. But if this one is like any of the others- once I start working on it I will probably change my mind. I am thinking it would also make a cool RAT!!! :mrgreen:

Just checked ebay for decals or stencils. Found lots of schwinn stuff but nothing for this columbia 63 special. Can anyone out there direct me? Thanks

You bought that good! The rims can clean up. No. 7 Rubbing compoung, SOS pads, and/or some Michiana Metal Polish WILL easily bring those back.

Back