63 Western Flyer Galaxy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought my 1st vintage bike last night! A 63 Western Flyer Galaxy barn pick from a guy on CL. It's been repainted sometime in the 80's. My original thoughts were to paint it black and rat it out, but after I picked it up I'm not so sure. The re-paint's not bad (except for the chain guard for some reason). Not sure what to do. I like the old, nasty patina look too but it doesn't have it. Maybe just leave as is, slap a couple parts on & ride it for a while? Being a noob...advice is welcome :)

WFGalaxy2_zps295f54b7.jpg

WesternFlyerGalaxy1_zps73290c25.jpg

Hey there....Lancaster Ohio? That's not too far from Dayton. Check out the upcoming bike show/swap in the Events section.

It looks like the Galaxy is Huffy built. I have a '64 Firestone tank bike that is Huffy built. Nice bikes. I'd ride it like it is for a while and maybe enter RRBBO8 with it this spring.

Nice Bronco....

Terry66 said:
Hey there....Lancaster Ohio? That's not too far from Dayton. Check out the upcoming bike show/swap in the Events section.

It looks like the Galaxy is Huffy built. I have a '64 Firestone tank bike that is Huffy built. Nice bikes. I'd ride it like it is for a while and maybe enter RRBBO8 with it this spring.

Nice Bronco....

Thanks. Yeah, I'll check out the event schedule. It's almost the same color as the Bronco...hmmm

Back