64 Deluxe Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On these deluxe stingrays, personally I think you've just GOT to run chrome fenders and whitewalls. It just looks so classic! :D

necessaryevil said:
No love for the whitewalls huh.

Ehhh, they're alright more of a PITA issue with me unless you have `em on something you don't care about the looks. Here's my only bike with WWs, no cleaning required.

IMG_0799.jpg

chop it ! everybody will think your crazy!

heres my 67 deluxe.
IMG_1662.jpg

i get alot of "ya should have sold it on ebay comments, but what do they know. :)

I was bored this morning and decided to paint the rear slick, it would look pretty cool if the tire wasn't all cracked and weathered, maybe I'll do another coppertone ray in the future and do copperline tires. My tires and sissybar are coming today so I should have finished pics tonight or tomorrow.
IMG_2030.jpg

necessaryevil said:
Where did you find that seat cover? I'd like to find a tiger pattern.

$10 pillow cover and a 2 part banana seat. i slimply bent back the taps, to remove the bottom pan. i sprayed the fun fur with contact cement.wrapped the seat, and the bottom pan holds it tight/hides all the edges. nice and clean like. :)

necessaryevil said:
I was bored this morning and decided to paint the rear slick, it would look pretty cool if the tire wasn't all cracked and weathered, maybe I'll do another coppertone ray in the future and do copperline tires. My tires and sissybar are coming today so I should have finished pics tonight or tomorrow.
IMG_2030.jpg

black shoe polish fills those cracks/makes your tires look shiney new.

heck if it worked for the worlds fastest indian. :) :) :)

i think the seat on this 64 is an old persons correct? the one with three springs under it? they are super cool and hard to find. oh and i am such a sucker for coppertone bikes i love this bike

necessaryevil said:
Where did you find that seat cover? I'd like to find a tiger pattern.
There's one on ebay by a company called Pearson's i think..

karfer67 said:
i think the seat on this 64 is an old persons correct? the one with three springs under it? they are super cool and hard to find. oh and i am such a sucker for coppertone bikes i love this bike
This seat is actually a Troxel, probably more rare than a persons but worth less. The bike would have originally come with a white tufted seat, almost looked like tuck and roll upholstery.

Finally got my sissy bar and rear whitewall knobby. I had a heck of a time finding a whitewall front, they've been discontinued. I should have it friday along with finished pics.
IMG_0114.jpg

Man....get outside and crank some block-long wheelies on that beast!!!

And get some pics of 'em too!!!

voodoo curse said:
Man....get outside and crank some block-long wheelies on that beast!!!

And get some pics of 'em too!!!
Wish I could, my fractured vertebrae has other ideas though.

Back