'64 Spaceliner SS - 9/11 - DONE!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: '64 Spaceliner SS - 8/19

jackdaw said:
Wow, nice service from Sturmey Archer huh? I've been wanting a set of the bare aluminum Deep V coaster wheels for a long time. $$$

Almost too nice like it's a common problem. They didn't ask for any proof just said whats your address we'll mail a new one.

They aren't bad on amazon, I couldn't find a 32 coaster brake hub though. You could always go 36. Just do what I did: get a set with high flange hubs so you can reuse the spokes

Very nice blend of old & new! I'm going the same route, sort of, on the Columbia I'm building for my oldest son and one for myself if I get it. Great job!!

ratina said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
Very nice blend of old & new! I'm going the same route, sort of, on the Columbia I'm building for my oldest son and one for myself if I get it. Great job!!

Thanks!

Do you have a build thread for yours?

Here's the one for the Columbia:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=61579

Hey Ben ; that thing looks Amazing ! glad your putting that frame to good use .,
I never would have dreamed up that configuration 8)

Ralph

Man that is excellent, that frame is perfect. The high tech new stuff with the classic frame design a great match. Just spit-balling an idea here, get a gray or silver seat. With silver guts. Do same for handlebar tape, gray.
Nice work, can I ride it when it's done ?

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Hey Ben ; that thing looks Amazing ! glad your putting that frame to good use .,
I never would have dreamed up that configuration 8)

Ralph

This is actually a different frame. The one you sold me was pretty trashed. I found a pretty complete one with a good frame and rusty parts, so I swapped frames. Gonna build the other one as a rat rod.

oldgreaser said:
Man that is excellent, that frame is perfect. The high tech new stuff with the classic frame design a great match. Just spit-balling an idea here, get a gray or silver seat. With silver guts. Do same for handlebar tape, gray.
Nice work, can I ride it when it's done ?

That would look cool. The black seat is already the second seat I bought for this bike (1st red one didn't match) I can't spend any more on it right now so black it is. And yes you can ride it when its done 8)

frankthetank62 said:
Those wheels are awesome! The bike has a nice flow.

Thanks!!

Swapped the guts in the rear hub with the replacement parts...works perfect now! All that's left is to polish the crank arms and stem.

2012-09-11182731.jpg

2012-09-11182915.jpg

2012-09-11182751.jpg

HOLY COW!!!!!!!
When I clicked on this update, my jaw dropped and I had to finally get some duct tape to pull it back up!!!!!
I am speechless!!!!!! (Because my jaw is duct taped shut!!!)

Back