64' stingray frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up on ebay at a very fair price. I have an idea on how to refurbish that stretched left dropout without ruining the ser.# or stressing the metal in a new direction. I'm gonna clamp some copper blocks to it, heat the corner with my tig and dump some rod into it to replenish the steel. Then while its red hot I'll tap it back into position, closing that gap back to normal. then carefully grind.
64ray-4.jpg

64ray-3.jpg

64ray-2.jpg

Fred checks for birds.
64ray-1.jpg

That's Fred. He's a German Shorthaired Pointer.
Loves pointing
PB130225a.jpg

Hates posing
P1010317.jpg

One incredible bird dog.

had 2 germans like that. hunted w/ them. good birders. sold em to this guy and they became national champs. this was back in the late 60's. great dogs. oh ya, nice bike

Outlaw :mrgreen:

The bells are so you know where he is when he's in thick cover and you can't see him. When he finds a bird, he stops all movement and 'points' (crouches down and looks directly at) at the bird. So basically when you don't hear the bells anymore you know he's locked up on one. That's when I go in and flush the bird. The other thing is a remote control electric collar, similar to the ones used with invisible fences except I control it. This one has a 3/4 mile range. You can vary the shock level right on the control. Mine has two buttons; one that beeps and zaps and one that just beeps. 99% of the time I just use the beep button. He's a very high energy dog with a STRONG prey drive so sometimes he gets on a scent and forgets I'm with him and will get out of range. He took off a couple times when I first got him and was gone for 1/2 hour. I thought I lost him thats when I bought the collar. Now I rarely ever have to zap him and always at the lowest level possible. At that range it's like a 9 volt battery on your tongue. Unpleasant but not painful. When he's hunting, he's on a mission.

My son, who was 5 at the time,named him after Fred on Scooby Doo, his favorite cartoon. "It was either Fred or Elvis." he told me.
CCR said:
nice lookin dog !! Good name too, he looks like a Fred :)

Back