'64 stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna throw this little guy together soon so I figured while I had the welder set up I'd fix this stretched and chipped left dropout. Basically what I did was throw a small bead to fill in the chipped area and then with my lovely wife's assistance addressed the stretched metal. I pushed some welding rod (with the welder) into the stretched corner right where the arrow is. Then while it was still red hot I had wifey tap it with a brass hammer. until it was parallel. It was kind of bent too so I massaged it a tad more with the hammer and carefully (that's the side with that valuble serial number) ground it smooth. I masked the serial number with some heavy duty tape also.
Before:
64ray-3-1-1.jpg

After:
P1010529.jpg

Just like new.

turned out nice! btw....youre a lucky guy....if i need 4 hands ive gotta make something for the other 2(my wife will tolerate the bikes and cars but wont ever touch them :? )

sensor said:
turned out nice! btw....youre a lucky guy....if i need 4 hands ive gotta make something for the other 2(my wife will tolerate the bikes and cars but wont ever touch them :? )
Thanks, I think the thought of hitting one with a hammer appealed to her! :)Seriously, she's pretty good. She's pumped brake pedals for bleeding, held things up and been a good sport over the years.

Back