'65 Schwinn Traveler for the girlfriend!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was left at the dumpster behind my work and my girlfriend has been begging me for a pink bike. 1+1= happy girlfriend.

This was also my first wheel lace up project! It had a 3 speed rear hub that was toast and she wanted a coaster brake, so I laced up a coaster hub to a 26x1 3/8 rim that was laying around by looking at another 36 hole wheel. Came out pretty darn well! It's a really solid bike. a little small for me, but it's actually very fun to ride!

Before:
IMGP0425.jpg

IMGP0426.jpg

Stripped of parts:
IMGP0427.jpg

Fresh Paint!
IMGP0428.jpg

Another 65 coppertone Traveler? Just left lying around? Great find, I can't even buy one of those.

Even looks good in pink, your girlfriend will be happy with that.

Looks like the forks are slightly bend backwards. an easy fix.

Oh yeah, fork is bent. didn't realize it until after I had painted it because I had it stripped to nothing the day I found it :lol:

Oh well. if she ever wants it a different color I suppose after its stripped i'll bend 'em back.

RatRod: Your traveler is super sweet! the matching grips and headlight are totally killer. The paint looks like it is in waay better shape then mine was. Looks very cool with the fenders too! Planning on painting it? or leaving it stock?

Back