65 Stingray find (not mine, but a good friend)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
A month or so ago a friend of mine mentions that his Dad's old stingray was hanging up in the garage and asked if I could help fix it up when he gets it back to his house. I say sure thing man. Today he sends me a pic.
utf-8BYXVnIDY1IHN0aW5ncmF5LmpwZw.jpg

:shock: Wow! :shock: I don't think there is much that can be done to make it any more awesome! This thing is OG down to the tires! :shock:
After decoding the serial # we find that it is an August 1965. what a beautiful bike. I am so excited for my friend I had to share it with you folks. He isn't a member on here. . . . . YET 8)

They are white wall. Just really dirty and stained from being hung in the garage for so many years.

Looks good Schwinnray! My buildoff bike this year was built off of a really beat coppertone ray. never checked to see what year the frame was before the multiple facelifts it got. Here is what I am currently working on.
utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTYtMjAxMjA4MzEtMTEyMC5qcGc.jpg

Well, this and everything else. :D

Rat rod, Thanks for the tip. I cant wait to see it in person. looks really nice in pics.

Latest posts

Back