66 schwinn heavy duty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ding dang if I didn't find another one to drag home after I just said no more till all the others are built.
vin puts it at 66 chain guard says heavy duty . .. I was walking around a swap meet saw the three red rings of
the kick back like a neon sign ( i gotta get new glasses) anyway .. pics coming .. my computer is gunnie bags.
will have to break out another one. pics asap
DSCN0696.jpg

DSCN0690.jpg

DSCN0691.jpg

DSCN0695.jpg

DSCN0693.jpg

1967 city of tulsa bike reg
DSCN0692.jpg

DSCN0694.jpg

Yeah, mine's a CB code too so a bit earlier 1966. Funny thing too it's the 6th Schwinn in my collection and it had to be a '66. :lol:

I am pretty sure this is my 1st, well I did have a girls bike but broke it down for parts.. but this one
is my 1st take home schwinn :cry:

Henry morgan said:
I am pretty sure this is my 1st, well I did have a girls bike but broke it down for parts.. but this one
is my 1st take home schwinn :cry:

That's how it starts... :lol: I drug home two from the scrapyard and then my shed blew up.

yes I am starting to neglect my other things.. I collect boom box's and head phones from
the 70's i have managed to buy a few records.. but in the last month I have gotten
23 bikes..

Henry morgan said:
yes I am starting to neglect my other things.. I collect boom box's and head phones from
the 70's i have managed to buy a few records.. but in the last month I have gotten
23 bikes..
Right on! I've been getting better about only keeping certain ones and been making some good money buying and selling.

i never know how to price them .. so I just normally try to trade them
as long as I get something for them I like I am not concerned with the
whole value of it.. I am going to hit the swap meet in kansas april 22
prolly try to trade off this bike there.

Normally if I'm not sure on a price I post it here and ask then I get an educated guess. I normally don't pay much for a bike anyway so I normally double my money or better. Most my bikes I buy from the scrapyard or yard sales for under $20 so I know I can at least get $50. Some bikes I have paid $5 for and could sell for up to $150. I love bicycles!

Yeah, I gotta 62' American heavy duti as well. Even have the o.e. heavy duti seat and heavy duti wheels as well. I would like to get the rear wheel a little more tru, but with spokes I don't think will turn, I may have to find a few replacement spokes if I break a few, and these are thick spokes to replace. Cool bike though and I even like the color. Ever wanna chaulk up your chainguard, let me know. :mrgreen:

roadmaster said:
Yeah, I gotta 62' American heavy duti as well. Even have the o.e. heavy duti seat and heavy duti wheels as well. I would like to get the rear wheel a little more tru, but with spokes I don't think will turn, I may have to find a few replacement spokes if I break a few, and these are thick spokes to replace. Cool bike though and I even like the color. Ever wanna chaulk up your chainguard, let me know. :mrgreen:
Only if you want to buy the rest of the bike with it.

Latest posts

Back