'66 schwinn Tiger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this out of the loft of "the bike barn" and it cleaned up very well! Wish I would have taken a "before clean up pic" though, dough! Thanks for looking, Chris
66Typhoon2.jpg

66Typhoon.jpg

Was that thing stored in a plastic bag :shock: :shock: :shock: Nice find :D

Tailwinds said:
Nothing that comes out of a barn looks that nice :D

My goodness I wouldn't know what to do with a bike that had chrome that nicely preserved.

I wish I had a before picture, the chrome was SOLID rust, but not very much pitting, here is a picture of the pile it came out of!
bikebarn.jpg

no fooling, it actually came out of here, you can slightly see the hole I lowered it down through. Pretty cool! Wish I could remember how to get back there:). Chris

Wildcat said:
A testament to quality materials and workmanship.

Without a doubt. Some people still scoff at Schwinns, certainly because they're so common and some folks have to be different, I understand that part completely, but I haven't come across any old bikes that used materials as good as Schwinn did. The way you can bring rusty chrome back to life and looking SO good, I'll never knock Schwinn for their materials and workmanship!

Tailwinds said:
Wildcat said:
A testament to quality materials and workmanship.

Without a doubt. Some people still scoff at Schwinns, certainly because they're so common and some folks have to be different, I understand that part completely, but I haven't come across any old bikes that used materials as good as Schwinn did. The way you can bring rusty chrome back to life and looking SO good, I'll never knock Schwinn for their materials and workmanship!

I'm with you guys couldnt have said it any better !, must say i would of certanly went back for that copper tone stingray !

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
I'm with you guys couldnt have said it any better !, must say i would of certanly went back for that copper tone stingray !

I was thinking the same, looks like it might have been a midget too :)

It is a midget and I still know where it is:). And it's first on my list! Bar non- vintage schwinns are THE finest quality affordable bikes around. I have a 1938 Schwinn world that sat in a attic for 60+ years and cleaned up as good as the day it was put up in the attic, sold me on schwinn pre '80's quality instantly. But I do still love all bikes! Chris

chris-y777 said:
It is a midget and I still know where it is:)...

If you ever get that Midget out of there, care to take some pics of the seat on it ? I've been looking for the right seat for mine but haven't found any to compare it to. If I'm thinking right it should have a full cover on it and mount differently on the back, as slick as that one looks I'm thinking thats the style I need to be on the look out for.

chris-y777 said:
It is a midget and I still know where it is:). And it's first on my list! Bar non- vintage schwinns are THE finest quality affordable bikes around. I have a 1938 Schwinn world that sat in a attic for 60+ years and cleaned up as good as the day it was put up in the attic, sold me on schwinn pre '80's quality instantly. But I do still love all bikes! Chris

Hey got any photos of the Schwinn World also???

I certainly will! and here is a pic of the world before cleaning. I don't have any good pics of it cleaned up yet. Waiting for nice weather. It is so gloomy here in Michigan. Soon,
schwinnworld1.jpg

I got this bad boy for the low price of $250. My wife absolutely loves it. I was going to flip it for a quick buck but this one will never be sold. Well I am sure my kids will sell it:). Chris

If you pick up that midget could you let me know if it is a 67 or 68? It looks like a 68. The tiger looks great too bad the chainguard screen wasn't able to be saved. Matt

The thing that throws me off are the reflector pedals on it. That would make it 70's but I'd have to look if coppertone was available in the 70's. But I'll let you know when I get it. When i cleaned up the Tiger with a wet wash cloth the silkscreen wiped right off, it turned to chalk. Big dissapointment. Oh well. Such is life. Chris

Ive got a Coppertone Tiger chainguard but its the larger earlier style guard. I think the bike looks good as-is though.

Back