67 Girls Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Here's one I couldn't resist at a pawn shop last week. Plans were to use the chrome pieces to upgrade one of my boys Stingrays and then use the frame to make a Swingbike prototype copy. I found out the main piece I needed were different on the girls bike (rear fender and wheel) so I'm not sure if it is time to put it back together or...??
DSCN2193_zps209f2bb3.jpg

DSCN2196_zps3e63dbb2.jpg

DSCN2197_zps94905778.jpg

The chrome pieces are cleaning up nice but the fender braces are too far gone, paint is as good as I can get it right now..
Check out the seat post built like a front stem. I was a little surprised to see a bolt at the top, and when it removed the same way as a stem wedge....I was like HUH??

I have a daughter and a wife, so I like girls bikes. My daughter will get a barn-find Fair Lady once I'm done with it and she's big enough.

Nice score! I would say clean it up and find a little girl in your life to give it to... daughter of a friend who needs a bike perhaps?

Cleaned this one up for my church to use in the kids musical this year. That seat post you've got is usually found on 60's/70's AMF/Roadmaster stuff around here.

fairlady_zps34a92821.jpg

Well, my Christmas project was finishing this one.. Lot of rust, lot of hard grease, and a very frozen stem to deal with. Broke the bolt that holds the fender to the fork too. The Color Back stuff did a little for the color, which is growing on me. Fender topsides cleaned up but I am waiting for a roller before I finish straightening them. Painted the aftermarket sissy so it wasn't so gnarly... put a couple of new pieces of hardware on it, cleaned and greased everything and replaced the chain with one I had from another project...a find Bell chain from Wally world, which at least is not cracked. Didn't fix the tear in the seat, it is aftermarket as well. Maybe some day it will get a new white or silver seat and a chainguard, but for now it is very representative of what these bikes looked like back in the day when they were being used and abused.

Here are some Photobucket pics...Can't get them on the site yet for some reason.

DSCN2208_zpsfcad6b20.jpg

DSCN2210_zpsa74f072c.jpg

DSCN2207_zps463bff64.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back