6th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Photos & Video Added!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 6th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (WIN BIKES!)

In ref to skid contest.... what is the longest skid? Is this done on flat ground or slope? i was not around long enough last year to enjoy the festivities so I am seeking info.... Wouldn't mind tearin up a bike for gits and shiggles....

Also... how many feet to come up to speed?

If I remember right... Last years winning skid was just over 200 ft. You get two runs and get to add the results of each run together.

so... just over 100 ft per skid is pretty good.

The skid contest is held on the bike path which is smooth concrete, mostly flat. Run up distance is at least 100 ft, maybe more?

Gonna have to bring your "A" game. This year is gonna be quite spectacular, I have a feeling a new world record will be set.

udallcustombikes said:
Total of two skid attempts. Start to finish on sidewalk. Last years winner was more than 200' total. 150-200' feet for run up
200 Feet total :shock: :D
man I would love to see that!
Google maps say's it's only 721 miles from my house :roll:

World record is a few inches over 425 feet.... done on a lightweight Giant roadbike.... Gonna start building my skidbike now... :D

003-1.jpg

garagegoon said:
World record is a few inches over 425 feet.... done on a lightweight Giant roadbike.... Gonna start building my skidbike now... :D

Like I said... I think a new world record will be set, no guarentees... but its a definete possibility! Cameron said he was gonna do circles around me, so no telling how long the winning skid will be???

Oh and your "Skid bike" WAAAAYYYYY to pretty :D

I'll be loading the cruisers and heading in this year, looks like a fun day. I'd really like to go home with that burrito!

In progress pic of the Freakbike Trophy...

001-10.jpg

Its about 12-14" long, built out of solid steel rod. Still have to build the forks, handlebars, seat and crank.

about the finish... Should I...
1. leave it raw, but clearcoat it?
2. paint it up?
3. do a rust patina using salt water, then clearcoat?

Hey ratfink, option # 3 on the Freakbike trophy!

65rat said:
can one wheel be powered while the other is skidding :?: :roll:

No official rules have been set, but I personally think it would be in bad taste. But if someone else thinks that is how it needs to go then game on.

Back