700C wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am hoping that someone can tell me a few things about 700C rims/wheels/tires. I am looking to run 700C rims on a frame I built recently, and was wondering if 700C rim sets can be purchased with 36 holes, and where I mgiht purchase them if so. Also, how easy to come by are the Schwalbe cream 700C tires I've been seeing? Does anyone know where I can purchase those? Are all 700c wheels the same, or are there different bead seat diameters and rim widths to be concerned about? Thanks in advance.

Chris

Unchained said:
I am hoping that someone can tell me a few things about 700C rims/wheels/tires. I am looking to run 700C rims on a frame I built recently, and was wondering if 700C rim sets can be purchased with 36 holes, and where I mgiht purchase them if so. Also, how easy to come by are the Schwalbe cream 700C tires I've been seeing? Does anyone know where I can purchase those? Are all 700c wheels the same, or are there different bead seat diameters and rim widths to be concerned about? Thanks in advance.

Chris

They make 700C rims in every hole drilling up to 40 and even 48 holes for tandems.
If you're looking for rims only, any online parts warehouse should have them. Some of the places I shop at are bikepartsusa.com and ebikestop.com Most 700C wheelsets you find online are expensive racing sets, I've rarely seen cheap ones in 700C. It's much cheaper to buy rims and build them yourself.
The Schwalbe cream tires you can get from here:
http://www.everybicycletire.com/Shoppin ... e-622.aspx
All 700C wheels should be the same diameter, and you can usually still get wider tires on narrower rims. You should be able to fit almost any 700C tire on any 700C rim.

Wow, thanks, that was very helpful. I will be looking to buy the rims alone to build up myself.

There is some variation in width in 700c. It's the same bead diameter as mountain bike 29 so you can wide ones for seriously fat tires.

Mostly it's a road bike size. You don't say what you're looking for but almost any 700 tire will fit on any 700 rim. Mostly. Those 700x35 tires FS linked would be happy on all but the wide 29r rims or the very skinniest road race rims. Those cost more anyway. For a good all purpose rim it's hard to beat the Sun CR18 they go about $25-30 each.

Back