70S ALL-PRO MUSCLE BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Well, Rat Rod Dad is up visiting the Rat Rod Grandkids and after a morning cruise we ended up driving about 7 miles from my place over to look at a "VINTAGE BIKE" that was listed on the CL this morning.

I was second in line and the first guy never showed up. So this little minty fresh ALL-PRO muscle bike followed us home on the back of my Dad's Trailblazer.

I took these pics after I cleaned the tires and wheels off. Other than that, this is how it looked when I went to see it.

Supposedly this lady's friend has a brother who had this bike as a kid in the 70s and he literally never rode it. Must have been a result of the BMX craze gearing up. She said that it sat in his parents house all of these years in Seattle and they decided to give it to his sister. Her kids didn't want it so she gave it to the lady I bought it from. It had been sitting in her living room on display for several years.

So here she is in all her glory. :shock:

100_5090.jpg

100_5091.jpg

100_5093.jpg

100_5106.jpg

100_5096.jpg

100_5095.jpg

100_5097.jpg

100_5098.jpg

100_5108.jpg

100_5109.jpg

The guys on the Schwinn forum are all saying it's a 1971 and was made by Murray and sold in K-marts.

I had one just like it as a kid. I got it in 72 on my 10th birthday. Man that brings back memories.

mmmmm tasty!

Steve,

Very nice ride! You did well. That bike is extremely clean. Should you wish to part with it in the future please give me a shout. That would look very nice amongst the Coppertone, Pink and Campus Green on my wall!

8) :D

Joe

Bicyclerick said:
I had one just like it as a kid. I got it in 72 on my 10th birthday. Man that brings back memories.

Very cool Rick!!!

Have any photos?

Re: mmmmm tasty!

yeshoney said:
Steve,
Very nice ride! You did well. That bike is extremely clean. Should you wish to part with it in the future please give me a shout. That would look very nice amongst the Coppertone, Pink and Campus Green on my wall!

Hey Joe...I was waiting on a comment from you. :wink:

I have now officially entered the realm of obscure 70s muscle bikes. :wink:

I will let you know if I do ever decide to sell it.

Steve, That is one of those bikes that you hang on the wall and admire. You would hate yourself if you sold it. lol

Bicyclerick said:
Steve, That is one of those bikes that you hang on the wall and admire. You would hate yourself if you sold it. lol

You are right Rick...I plan to keep it in my office at the church I work at.

I may even get them to let me hang it up. :shock:

That is Beauttttiful!!! i love it man.

The bike was quite a find - and only a short 10 minute drive to go get it too, which was nice. As Steve mentioned, it's a good thing the first person never showed to buy it or it would most definately have been history.

What caught my eye once we got it home was absolutely no wear on the rubber on the pedals and the seat was absolutely perfect. And Steve noticed that both of the hand grips were perfect - not a scratch on them from someone laying it on the ground.

We laughed after hearing the story about it and decided the kid's parents must have given it to him and he didn't want that kind of bike - or maybe any bike, so he must have just refused to ever ride it to spite them or something. Funny story - and a nice bike, that's for sure.

This is definitely one of those types of situations that don't come around very often. I've emailed the person I bought it off of to see if she had anymore insight into why the guy never rode the bike as a kid.

I mean, if it was really out of spite then this kid must have been really angry, ha ha. How could any red blooded American kid in the 70s have not jumped on this thing every day and ridden the fire out of it.

My only other theory is that back then he may have had dreams and aspirations of one day becoming a hair stylist. :lol:

Steve said;

"This is definitely one of those types of situations that don't come around very often. "

yaa..but it's happened Twice for you.
That Schwinn last was also a Beautiful Attic Find!

your doing well Steve, :mrgreen:

Yeah, it's kind of scary...me finding these close to mint bikes and Hooch finding piles of old bikes...ha ha.

Guess who is spending waaaay too much time on Craigslist? :wink:

Back