72 apple krate

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this gem up from a local bike shop. I believe one of the scrap collectors found it.
Its probably beyond repair but for the price I couldn't go wrong. I had a gift card for this shop from Christmas so the bike only cost me $25 out of pocket. Not too bad.
126-1_zpsfe977f90.jpg

129_zpsd56d1da9.jpg

128_zps5da18899.jpg

127_zpsbdfda21a.jpg

Sweet score! I have seen worse restored so I'm sure with a bit of time and effort you'll be popping wheelies in no time.

Definitely not beyond repair....that chrome can be resurrected with some soak time in oxalic acid. And try some automotive polish on the paint.

Nice score. 8)

Are you sure that's a '72? No drum brake, single speed coaster, different sprocket from what I've seen, rear chainguard mount looks wrong. I'm no Krate expert by any means, just making an observation.

I would say it looks like a 72. Schwinn made coaster Krates from 70-72 and with those pedals I would say it is a 72. Matt

those back drop outs look like toast hang it on your wall its 2 far gone,,,,

yearz said:
those back drop outs look like toast hang it on your wall its 2 far gone,,,,
I disagree! Clean them up a little and have a look, I bet they will be fine, if not, find a guy who is decent with a welder and fix them! That bike is too cool to not be in use...

Luke.

You have a cool Master cable lock on your seat. You can take it to any good lock shop and they will provide you with the combination. I have one I got in the late 60's with my new StingRay.

I had the brother to that one once. Bought it right out from under the kid that was riding it for $40. Those single speeds Krates were rode hard and put to bed wet. Have seen several rough ones. Gary
old4_zpsa3e06590.jpg

I'm going to try to clean this bike up once it gets warmer outside.
I don't think it will look very good but anything will be an improvement.

Latest posts

Back