'73 Schwinn LeTour

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some photos of a bike I built a few years ago. It is a '73 Schwinn LeTour. The Frame is all original- even the paint (it looked like it was unridden).

I switched the bars for mustache handlebars- The brake cable is slickly run through them as to not ruin the clean lines with a cable sticking out.
The wheels are from eightinch- and they are wrapped in some hefty cyclo-cross tires.
The chain is gold anodized.
There are lightening holes bored in to the seat post, brake and cranks

2012-12-20205334_zps939b03ba.jpg

2012-12-20205422_zpse6dad9d2.jpg

2012-12-20205453_zps8416f9b7.jpg

RatSphinx said:
Love to do something like that if I ever lay my paws on a Tall Frame Super Sports or a Sports Tourist.

I find most of my stuff at the goodwill. I picked this up for 35 bucks, and it looked hardly ridden. The sprocket teeth were still perfectly square.

Pedro said:
RatSphinx said:
Love to do something like that if I ever lay my paws on a Tall Frame Super Sports or a Sports Tourist.

I find most of my stuff at the goodwill. I picked this up for 35 bucks, and it looked hardly ridden. The sprocket teeth were still perfectly square.

Nice job brother! All I ever find at Goodwill is Huffy's and Next bikes. Just not what I'm interested in. :x :(

Back