73 Speedster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An impulse buy.. I drive by this fix a flat place 3 times a week and the workers have their bikes up against the store front everyday.. but this day I saw out the corner of my eye some type of Schwinn.. I stop, look, offer and pull off with my new bike. Has anyone successfully pulled off a 26 muscle bike ??
P6200110.jpg

I like those frames. I had one but felt it was too small for general riding. A muscle bike would cool.

Sweet! I have a Collegiate 5 that will eventually become a full sized Fastback/Manta Ray! I took a mock up pic last summer, couldn't get the old stem loose.
SUNP0011.jpg
This is one of those long term projects that's wayyyyy down on the list, but it'll be sweet! Since I'm 6'5", riding a 20" Sting Ray would just look too silly! (although Danimal can pull it off!) Love that campus green! ~Adam

Well it is too small to ride for me.. Im 6'8" 315lbs.. So the apes and the banana seat should help me out.. Thanks Adam for the pic.. Thats exactly what i want to do with this one. I even have a rusty 5 speed Collegiate for spare parts.. I just need to find a banana seat that is the right size for this big frame.. And bump that project to the top of the list!! lol

I love that bike!! I have been watching that bike for about a year now! lol..

FaceOFFbikes said:
Well it is too small to ride for me.. Im 6'8" 315lbs.. So the apes and the banana seat should help me out..

No kidding? I'm 6'8" too. Anyway, I don't wanna hear any whining about riding small bikes. I finished my 20" BMX build last night and took it for a quick ride.

Rustinkerer said:
Sweet! I have a Collegiate 5 that will eventually become a full sized Fastback/Manta Ray! I took a mock up pic last summer, couldn't get the old stem loose.
SUNP0011.jpg
This is one of those long term projects that's wayyyyy down on the list, but it'll be sweet! Since I'm 6'5", riding a 20" Sting Ray would just look too silly! (although Danimal can pull it off!) Love that campus green! ~Adam
24 or 26?

Danimal said:
FaceOFFbikes said:
Well it is too small to ride for me.. Im 6'8" 315lbs.. So the apes and the banana seat should help me out..

No kidding? I'm 6'8" too. Anyway, I don't wanna hear any whining about riding small bikes. I finished my 20" BMX build last night and took it for a quick ride.
Yea no whining.. just riding.. I may bring my lil chik up to Ct.. lol

You guys are both 6'8"??? Sheesh! I'm 6'3" and hit my head on stuff all the time. How do you guys manage? Maybe that's why we're bike junkies...we've hit our heads too many times! :mrgreen: Gary

B607 said:
You guys are both 6'8"??? Sheesh! I'm 6'3" and hit my head on stuff all the time. How do you guys manage? Maybe that's why we're bike junkies...we've hit our heads too many times! :mrgreen: Gary
I have hit my head and dirtied baseball caps more than I can remember.. lol

i have the same frame but some double spoke wheels on it and a springer fork on it with a banana seat and the 5 foot sissy bar looks sweet. wish i had a pic but it buried in my dad's garage.
looked kinda like this one

SUNP0011.jpg

26" typhoon with 20" ww slick up front.
3429296830_b335d76b5e_b.jpg

Back