7bar Spaceliner and a Shelby?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd56

It's all about the tanklights
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So here is my first post to the fresh finds section since the revamp. Will be attaching pics from my phone after generating this thread...wish me luck....

So I got a call yesterday about two bikes that were going to a yard sale if I wasn't interested.
1st is a 68 or 69 girls painted framed Spaceliner...of course it is missing the hard to find tanklight but, what the hey.
Does have a nice condition set of fenders, rims, and the rocket tip reflectors. Probably will part this one out.

tytyny4y.jpg

Then there was this girls Columbia that has a "Shelco" serial number riveted tag on the BB.
Shelby looking chainring, I believe, and larger than what I would have expected. Not a skipthooth but does have prewar looking dropouts with adjusters and a Perry rear hub.....thoughts?
Now the Columbia badge does only have one rivet holding it in place and doesn't look new. However the bottom rivet hole can't be located on the headtube.....hmmmmm?
Someone decided to convert this into a mens bike by adding a copper top bar, shame he drilled the headtube to mount it. ingenuity huh?

juzatasy.jpg

zuvyga4y.jpg

requjy8u.jpg

Could this be a 49' ??
5a4equ3a.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats Steve!!!, that went well using my tapatalk....I like it!!

Latest posts

Back