7th Annual El Torreon Bicycle Swap Meet in Kansas City, Mo.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 7th Annual El Torreon Swap Meet will be held on Sunday July 29th at 31st St. and Gillham Road in KansasCity Mo. The Spokesmen, along with the El Torreon will be sponsoring this years swap. This is a Free swap and shop. It starts around 6am and ends whenever, usually when it gets too hot. Remember the early bird gets the best bikes and parts. Hope to see whoever can make it to the swap.

I know that about eight members of this site will be there, and hope some others will show. Locojoe and Bujo I hope both of you can make it up. Same with you Coach J and anyone else that can make it.

Come on people, Lets hear from you if your going to make it to the swap. Heres some of the bikes that I'm selling. Sears Spaceliner, 24" starlet, stingray skipper, Jr stingray,and maybe a couple others along with alot of parts.

Boys and girls if this is in your area, this is a great swap meet with 25 + vendors and some high dollor eye candy that you just dont see at the average meet, This ones definitly for the early bird because K Cs a hot place at the end of July! so roll out of bed and come down and check it out, It kicks butt!!!

well you know anyone thats been to one of your swaps will be back time and time again. as luckyleroy said this is a early bird swap and hot in July. Hey Leroy tell every body about yourself in the intro and show them your name sake (why you use luckyleroy).

Hey, I never said what kind of luck!!! I"m really amped up about the swap meet I"ve had a number of phone calls and e-mails and this one is shaping up nicely. Hope ta see all my ol" pardners and make some new friends. see ya there

Lucky Leroy, You know if I wasn't already in KC, I'd make sure I was coming to KC for this swap meet. This is one of the funnist swaps to go to, with John and his restored motor bicycles, being some of the best around and Tommy with his restoring skills,and his Bicycles and toys. Hay just talking to Tommy about restoring bikes is worth coming. For all you Ratters John is the guy that owns the Indian with the sidecar that was post here on ratrodbikes. If you live within 3-4 hours of KC your just missing out of you don't come. I know we'll have guys from Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Illinois and Nebraska. I have my trailer but I'm thinking big truck. Just can't wait.

Also, very skillful pinstriper in attendance and a amazingly unbelievably talented metal man. the striper (Von-Mex) may be to busy buying and selling bikes to be working the meet. But then again I"m not sure, but I know the metal maniac will have his tools of the trade with him and will be ready to knock the dents and dings out of your fenders and tanks for a reasonable price, I"ve seen both these guys work and they might be able to to take your four condition original tank or fender on up to a seven or eight....amazing!

Bobby or Von-Mex is striping my wifes fenders right now and i'm going to pick them up at the show. This kid is amazing.

Bicyclerick said:
Bobby or Von-Mex is striping my wifes fenders right now and i'm going to pick them up at the show. This kid is amazing.

Here he is at last years Midwest Bicycle Fest

vonmex.jpg

EL TORREON kicked butt!!! 38 quality vendors, many many bikes, great weather, great crowd, THANKS to all who attended. What a great day!

Luckyleroy, How did you do? I picked up some stuff, and sold some stuff too. Our bike raffle went good, a couple from Indianapolis pick up one cruiser and a homeless man pick up the other, but bad for $1.00 investment. Next year bigger and better things are a comin.

I sold a lot o"stuff, 1 bike. Alot of parts, the guy next to me said he cleaned up also. We really had some traffic thru there. THE FABULOUS EL-TORREON BALLROOM IS MAGIC!!! (next thing up in this area is the classic motor scooter and bicycle swap in Lathrop Mo sept 8th) lets all plan to go there, The facility there is as nice as you will find, out in the country, setup on friday night. they have motorhome hookups, showers, nice country atmosphere, and room for the biggest swapmeet in the midwest. this is only 25 miles north of KC bring the whole family camp out on friday night, send the wife and kids to Worlds of fun or oceans of fun or to KC for a day of fun and enjoy yourself Ill post more later on this event, while El Torreon is a all business hard core swap, this is a mini vacation!!!

I did pretty good. Sold 4 complete bikes and many parts. Was well worth my time. I only bought one bike while I was there and an old Brooks Leather saddle. Almost bought anold Raleigh Roadster 1940`s or 1950`s but passed it up for now but got the dealer phone number. Left about $400 ahead .

I swapped a girls bike for a Heavy Duti rust-pile and traded the tandem for a couple of bikes I'll use for donors. Both Western Flyers. I didn't get any richer, but it was great to get out and see everybody!

Plus, came home with a homely Heavy Duti (which I have wanted for some time) I'll be stripping it and repainting before fall, but have to finish my Rats before Greaserama coming up on Labor Day weekend!

I had a great time as well. Got to see alot of old friends and made a little money. It was a good time had by all.

I walked thru at about 11:30 and counted thirty eight vendors, three of them with car trailers absolutly packed with bikes. John Stansbury had the mint restored smithmotor wheel bike and monark super twinn. great eye candy!. (VON-MEX) did some striping....85 degrees and partly cloudy.....just a great day!!!!

Back