8 spd nexsus issues

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have played with this thing for a while.. took it to LBS they did the same 8 spd nexsus you have the yellow mark
in 4th gear, shift to 8th gear and you still should see yellow . you bounce back and forth to adjust the cable. have it
adjusted like it should be.. but 4th gear is ruff.. makes noise.. and vibrates.. has anyone else come across this issue
is that the norm with these.... I have another wheel set with same set up in the box.. but if i can fix this one I dont
want to break out the others.. if its going to be the same.

Sorry if I sound as though I'm asking the obvious. Have you tried adjusting the cable a little fore or aft of the yellow line to see if that helps any? Also be sure the red dots are lined up on the cassette joint before installing it.

bikejunky said:
There are 3 different lengths of the push rod that goes in the hub, If you run thick washers under the chainside axle nut, can cause issues. If you have easy acsess to another rod , I would give it a shot.

Tim

The Nexus 8-speed hub does not use push rods.

The trouble could come from one of four sources: the shifter, the cable, the cassette , or the hub itself. My guess is that both you and your LBS mechanic have eliminated a binding or sticking cable. I found out on mine that the shifter MUST be fastened to an absolutely straight section of handlebar. If you try to tighten the shifter on a curved section of handlebar it won't work properly. Once you're sure on the handlebar issue, and If you have another shifter, try swapping it out with the one on your bike. If that doesn't change anything try swapping the cassette with the one on the other hub. If it still doesn't work right that would indicate that the problem is in the hub itself. Hope this helps.

JWM

Back