80's huffy nitro bmx bike anyone have any info / pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I am currently in the works of obtaining a 1980's huffy nitro that is relatively complete minus the front wheel, which has been swapped for an exercise bike wheel and the seat is broken the rail and laid back post are intact still but it is a tad rusty. I am getting it and another bike for 6 bucks for the pair.
where I will most likely part out the other bike the nitro has some cool looking parts on it. no to mention I had one as a kid and really liked it when it was new in 86-87 ( cannot remember the 80's were good to me lol ) I would like to restore it back to the exact way t was in it's prime
however I cannot find any pictures of these bikes anywhere and cannot even find parts for it.
if I recall right mine had z rims but they were aftermarket wheels.
anyone know where I could find pictures of an original one from the 80's I googled it left and right with only a couple results.
also how much do you think it might be worth when restored? I would like to try to stay as close to it's value as possible as it is a huffy not a Schwinn. or gt or anything high end.
also is there any known flaws these bikes have I should look for ( stress marks on frame any known areas where they crack ect.) I will try to get a picture but the ad is down as the guy is holding them for me til Thursday.
any info would be appreciated.
ugh sometimes I forgot how much easier it was to trash these bikes as a kid and wish I had remembered more about it mine was short lived as it was stolen 2 weeks after I bought it.
thanks
sean

Sounds like you got a winner! A bike like the one you rode as a kid is priceless! (Someone told me once that the current hot stuff is the childhood things of people who have play money to spend )

Can't help you on the bike...When the BMX boom hit I was already into cars.

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=262631&p=3 should have pics of something similar or maybe even your bike...

Valuewise it looks like it is a lower end bike (It is a huffy after all, not a superstar at the time)

Last edited:
Back